Thota Lodge offers the visitor a variety of exciting activities including bakkie-ski, hiking and 4x4 trails and bird viewing.
- Bakkie ski is unique to Thota Lodge and was invented by the owner and his sons. Challenge yourself to balance by “skiing” on the magnificent red Kalahari sand dragged behind a pick-up truck. You decide on the speed and the danger level!!! An extreme sport for the adrenalin junkies out there! Please note that an indemnity form is to be signed.
- Hiking trails (always carry sufficient drinking water in case of emergencies).
- Insect lovers paradise (too many to name)
- Bird watching (over 100 species recorded)
- Game viewing. (Sunset is the best time to watch the springbuck and gemsbok graze)
- Horse riding (pre-book)
- 4 x 4 routes self-drive ( search for the elusive pangolins and anteaters “aardvark”)
- Donkey cart rides (pre-book)
- Bee keeping (subject to season)
- Swim in a reservoir “plaas dam”
- Stargazing far from city lights
- Enjoy a romantic outdoor bath under a shepherds tree”witgat” and an uninterrupted view.
- Lounge on a private deck with your favourite book, sun-downer in hand.
If you want to participate in any of the cattle farming activities, this can be arranged subject to season.